Sunday, October 27, 2013

Math Resources Available through ConnectEd Kids

If your family has not yet checked out the resources available to you for our new Common Core Math curriculum, please take a moment to check out the link below.



At the start of each new unit, I will compile all the resources into one easy link for your family to use. There are videos, reteach and enrich materials, home-link games, and even copies of the homework (in case your child ever loses theirs).  None of the work is required for your child's grade (except what I personally assign in homework or class), but is available to help your child learn the math skills.  Parents often ask me for supplemental materials to help their child on things they are struggling with, and I am excited that the new math program puts all of these resources into your hands.

I shared the link with the class already, and mentioned to the students that they can earn Class Dojo points just for exploring this site at home.  The goal is to make it a site your family feels comfortable accessing on a regular basis throughout the school year to make learning math fun and easy.  I have attached the login codes for each student to the inside of their Friday Folders so that they are always available when you are working on the homework.

Let me know if your child has any issues using this site, and I will do what I can to help you out.  I can also login and show you at school if you need help getting started.  Enjoy!! -Mr. Linnet

Steps to using ConnectEd Kids:
1) Login to website (http://connected.mcgraw-hill.com/school/y3g4).
2) Click on Mr. Linnet's Class (with the robot icon).
3) Click on your child's Name (with picture icon).
4) Enter the 3-image password (Number, Picture, Shape).
5) Check out assignments (that's how it is labeled) and begin exploring resources.
6) Watch videos, Print practice pages, etc.  Use this site as needed for your child!!

No comments:

Post a Comment