Tuesday, September 10, 2013

This Week's "At-Home" Project: Make a Family Album!

Adam's Family Album
Adrian's Family Album

Alex's Family Album
Jimmiel's Family Album

Taytum's Family Album

Youko's Family Album

Anthony's Family Album

Robby's Family Album
Hopefully many of you were able to understand what to do with the packet of pages I sent home, but I wanted to allow your child the opportunity to make their own Family Album.  We have been studying "Family" in the classroom and learning about animal families, so I thought it would be a great extension to let the children make a keepsake that helps them learn the names and vocabulary associated with a family.  I titled pages around vocabulary like "mom", "dad", "sister", "brother", and "grandparents".  You are free to edit these pages or make your own to reflect the various members of your family (aunts, uncles, cousins, etc.).  I am providing some pics to help you see my vision for this project.  Feel free to deviate as needed to let your creativity flow and make something your child will cherish and use throughout the year!

When finished you have a nice album that your child can read whenever they want to look at their family members and practice reading their names.  Feel free to use a real photo album if you have one or introduce your child to scrapbooking (if that's your thing).  My son Skylar was very happy that I was making this for him and wanted me to make "lot's more pages" of his family.  I can't wait to see your child's finished albums and hope that they like making this as much as we did in my home!!
-Mr. Linnet

The Packet Provided.
Not stapled so that
you can create to
reflect your family.

Step One: Give your album a title.
(I recommend using your child's name
and the word "family".)


Step Two: Read the sentence.
Help your child choose a photo
or draw a picture of the family member.
Write the person's name.


Continue making pages for your child.
Let your child choose fun photos that
recall special memories!



Include photos of that person with
your child when possible.  Personal
connection is always a plus!!


Step Three: Organize the pages
into an album.  Let your child
pick the order and connect
the pages with staples or string.
































No comments:

Post a Comment